Aerospace White Paper
This whitepaper offers a general overview of trends, developments and prognoses for the global aerospace market. In addition, it provides information on Nexans' products, solutions and services to serve the developing needs of commercial and defense stakeholders.
The document opens with a broad global Aerospace industry update, explains some general trends for commercial airlines and defense, introduces the major players and newcomers, and outlines current and upcoming challenges.
The second part of the paper examines a series of current trends related to cables and cabling solutions in detail. These trends are driving innovation in development, design and processes for cable and cabling solutions. These empower the aerospace industry to meet its strategic and commercial targets, always with the end-users, including flight crews and passengers, in mind. This section concludes with an overview of what to expect from a cable manufacturer.
The third section explains Nexans’ integrated products and solutions for both the commercial and defense markets, focuses on several specific products and solutions to meet the trends outlined in section two, lists the current aviation standards being met, and explains Nexans dedicated aerospace services. The document concludes with a brief review of Nexans major aerospace achievements, and in the Appendix lists some headlines, milestones, projects and awards.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
INTRODUCTION: INNOVATING WITHIN COST
- General trends: commercial aircraft
- General trends: defense
- Major players and newcomers
- Commercial air challenges in an expanding market
- Defense challenges: changing budget allocation, new opportunities
CABLE-RELATED AEROSPACE TRENDS
- Lighter weight and fuel efficiency
- Need to boost electrical power onboard
- Higher data transmission for flight operations and in-flight entertainment (IFE)
- Operational safety
- Fire and toxicity
- Synthetic Vision Systems (SVS)
- Airplane Health Monitoring (AHM)
- Lighter, more reliable and powerful engines
- Environmental concerns
- What to expect from a cable manufacturer
NEXANS: ADVANCED CABLE SOLUTIONS FOR AEROSPACE
- For commercial aviation
- For the defense market
- Aerospace cable solutions for safety, reliability, efficiency and adaptability
- Standards and specifications
- A full range of products and solutions
- A suite of services designed for aerospace
APPENDIX: SOME NEXANS AEROSPACE HEADLINES AND MILESTONES