Nexans wins major umbilicals contract with Subsea Integration Alliance for Equinor’s Bacalhau ultra-deepwater oil project offshore Brazil2021. 5. 19
- Nexans will design, manufacture and supply a total of 44 km of gas-lift, static and dynamic steel tube umbilicals for installation at water depths reaching 2,100 m.
- Bacalhau project further extends Nexans’s long-standing relationship with the Subsea Integration Alliance.
- Delivery scheduled for Q4 2022.
Paris, May 19, 2021 – Nexans has further extended its long-standing relationship with the Subsea Integration Alliance (SIA) by winning a major contract to design, manufacture and supply 44 km of steel tube umbilicals and accessories for the Bacalhau ultra-deepwater oil field development project. Equinor’s offshore project in Brazil is targeting pre-salt reservoirs in the Santos Basin estimated to contain up to two billion barrels of oil equivalent (Bboe) recoverable reserves.
The SIA formed between Subsea 7 and OneSubsea is responsible for the SURF (subsea, umbilical, risers, and flowlines) front-end engineering and design (FEED) contracts for the Bacalhau project. Nexans’s specialized facility in Halden Norway will provide the SIA with steel tube umbilicals to provide vital services for subsea equipment operating at water depths down to 2,100 m. This includes 2.5 km of gas-lift umbilical, 35 km of static umbilical, 6.9 km of dynamic umbilical and accessories.
Nexans is scheduled to deliver the Bacalhau umbilicals in Q4 2022.
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories